If you wish to fit in to a bikini this summer, but cannot because your back has been afflicted by numerous tires of fat, then these back fat exercises for women will help you achieve that 'sexy back', which will make you sizzle in your bikini.
Many of you may find the sight of back fat disgusting, especially when you wear beautiful clothes meant to cling your body. But, all you need to do is perform the right exercises to get the fat off your back.
Before you perform these exercises, do ensure that your back is strong and that you are not suffering from any kind of back injury as some of these require you to lift light to moderately heavy weights. If at any time you feel discomfort while performing these exercises, discontinue them immediately to avoid injury to the back and any other body part.
Start slow, and then increase the number of repetitions over time once you get used to the exercises. Do not rush in an endeavor to lose the back fat fast as this will lead to discomfort, and demoralize you from performing a workout that is actually very useful if performed in the right manner.
The exercises given have been divided into upper and lower back fat exercises, so you may be able to target specific areas to lose fat.
Upper Back Fat
Exercise 1: Rear Delt Fly
- Sit on the edge of a bench, with your back erect.
- Take light weights in either hand, and hold them behind the knees.
- Lean forward only from the hips while ensuring your back remains erect.
- Keep your chin close to your chest.
- Slowly raise your arms upward while lifting the weights, slightly bending the elbows as you do so.
- Press together your shoulder blades and extend your arms above your head.
- Remain in this position for about 5 seconds before repeating the same steps. Perform at least 2 sets of 10 repetitions for this exercise.
- Bend forward from the waist, and support your body by placing your right hand on the bench, before the knee.
- Keep your stomach sucked in and your back parallel to the floor. Do not hunch.
- Hold a weight that you are comfortable with, on the heavier side.
- Lift your left shoulder slightly and bend your elbow. Lift the weight till your hand reaches your torso and slowly lower the weight downwards. Repeat this 10 times before switching sides.
- The effect of this exercise is felt in the back, and not the arms.
- Start with 2 sets of 10 repetitions each before moving on to more sets as you get comfortable with this exercise.
Lower Back Fat
- Lie flat on your abdomen, on the floor. If you have a medicine ball, lie with your abdomen on the ball while keeping the neck and the upper body parallel to the floor.
- Hold your hands together behind your head.
- Slowly begin to lift your chest off the floor, but keep the movement in control.
- Now lower your back towards the floor, but do not rest it on the floor.
- Repeat step 3 and continue about 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
Exercise 2: Opposite Arm and Leg Raises
- Lie flat on your abdomen, on the floor. Keep your arms straight above your head and your legs straight while resting your forehead on the floor.
- Slowly, raise your left arm and your right leg to a point where you feel a stretch in your body. Your pelvis and chest should ideally not touch the floor.
- Remain in this position for 5 seconds, and then lower your body before repeating the same step with your right arm and left leg. Perform at least 2 sets of 10 repetitions with either arm and leg.
- If you feel a pull in your back or any other kind of discomfort, do not continue this exercise.
Time and again, it has been said that in order to lose fat effectively, a good exercise routine has to be combined with a healthy diet. Eating the right food at the right time along with performing other cardiovascular exercises will strengthen the body, and sculpt it in the perfect shape that you desire.
Strength training is also important as just being lean does not signify good health. Therefore, combine these exercises with other strength training and cardiovascular exercises along with the right diet to achieve the body you have only always dreamed of.
Disclaimer: The information given should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.