Women have a tendency to put on weight on their thigh region, and men mostly tend to put on weight on their abdominal region. Fat in your stomach region is dangerous to health, as it increases heart problems. However, thigh fat is not dangerous to health, and many times it is used by the body when one falls ill. But, if you have too much thigh fat which looks undesirable then you can form a routine to lose your inner and outer thigh fat. Here are some exercises...
- For lunges, stand in an upright position keeping your legs apart from each other.
- Move any of the legs forward so that there is a gap of about 3 feet in between the feet. Do not keep this distance less than 3 feet as that will make the up and down movements of your body difficult.
- Now, start bending your knees so that your body moves in the downward direction. Take the knee of your back leg near the ground but make sure it does not get touched.
- The front knee should always be behind the toes of that feet and visible to you all the time.
- During the bending act, keep the upper portion of the body straight and do not let it lean forward. Hold on to the position for a few seconds, then move back and return to the original position.
- You can repeat this exercise 8-10 times, depending upon your fitness level.
- This is a toning exercise which involves squeezing of exercise ball in between the thighs. Lie flat on your back and keep both your legs slightly above the ground in the air.
- Make sure that the legs do not get bent. The lower portion of the body including the hips should be firmly rested on the ground.
- Keep both your arms at the sides of your body. Place the exercise ball in between the thighs and put pressure on the ball so that it gets squeezed.
- Hold this position for 20-30 seconds and release the pressure. Then the ball will put pressure on your thighs to regain its shape.
- Squeeze the ball repeatedly for 5-6 times. Similarly, you can put the ball in between the shins and press it.
- While doing this, make sure your abs and gluteal muscles get squeezed too. After a few seconds, loosen the pressure a bit but do not allow the ball to go.
- Women who are looking for some easy thigh exercises should try this one. Take a towel or small blanket, roll it up and place it on the floor.
- Lie down on your left side and put your head on the rolled up towel. This is done to ensure that your body is in correct alignment with the head, shoulders and hips.
- Gradually, bend the right leg in the forward direction but maintain the left leg in a straight position.
- Now, raise your left leg almost 6 inches above the ground and hold it there for a couple of minutes. Then bring it down to the ground and again lift it up immediately.
- Continue to lift the leg like this for 10-12 times as per your comfort level. After that, change the side and do the exercise in the same manner while lying on your right side.