Toned arms are a fashion fad impossible to ignore. Arms that are well-defined and chiseled, curl in compliments that they never imagined they would garner. So how do you achieve those amorous arms that you vie for? The answer is bicep curls. Performing bicep curls work as push ups for muscles that command adulation. Well, yes, I agree arm flab is not an appealing sight to behold, especially if you sport them.
Bicep Exercises for Women
Bicep curls are an absolute must for women. They are essential to get a toned body, prevent strains, thus having a strong upper body. Bicep curls give you the look that you have always secretly desired for.
Bicep Curls with Dumbbells
Bicep curl is an exercise that proves helpful in toning the bicep muscles and the forearm through its range of motion.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand. Face the palms inward towards your body.
- The next step is to bend your elbow in such a manner that the forearm becomes parallel to the ground.
- Don't bend the elbow too much and don't raise the dumbbell too high. This will pose tremendous load on the front of your shoulder.
- Now bring down your hand and lower the dumbbell. Come back to your original position.
- When you are doing bicep curls you must ensure that you are breathing right.
- Repeat the same bicep exercise with weights, with the other arm and continue to do so for 2 to 3 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions.
Bicep Curls with Dumbbells and Palms Facing Upwards
- Begin this exercise by clutching a dumbbell in each palm of your hand and have your palms face upwards and your arms lying straight on your side.
- The dumbbells have to be slightly raised in the front, such that they rest lightly on the thigh.
- Raise both the dumbbells simultaneously and exhale.
- Avoid raising the dumbbells too high, as doing this would lay stress on your shoulder. The stress and the exercise has to be borne by your biceps and not your shoulders.
- Lower the dumbbells and inhale slowly.
- These bicep exercise for women could be carried out for a complete 3 sets consisting of 10 to 15 repetitions.
Barbell Bicep Curls
- In order to have toned inner arms, this bicep workout for women is essential. We need to begin this exercise by standing erect, with back straight, holding the barbell with a firm grasp.
- Your glutes and ab muscles should be contracted to attain stability.
- Raise the barbell and exhale in the process.
- When you lower the barbell, inhale slowly.
- You must practice this exercise by completing 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps.
Female bicep curls are not only confined to giving results to women who want to get rid of flabby arms, these exercises could as well help pregnant women stay fit and have toned arms. However, during pregnancy you need to be very careful when you indulge in these exercises. You must choose a low to moderate weight and place yourself on a chair. The weights must be comfortable enough for you to lift and must not pose any strain to your hand. Lift the weights in a controlled manner. You must stop immediately if you feel any kind of strain affecting you. Breathe right and make sure you stay well-hydrated.
If you perform bicep curls with diligence, you are sure to have a toned upper body and lose your arm flab. With these exercises, you are sure to find your dream of flashing toned arms turn into reality ... soon!