Women have a natural tendency to put on weight in the core area, which includes the abdomen, thighs, and the buttocks. Exercises are performed to achieve a well-toned stomach by losing the excessive fat.
There are a lot of abdominal exercises which help burn the stubborn stomach fat. Good abdominal exercises, when performed correctly, can reap you a lot of benefits.
The breathing techniques while performing crunches is equally important as the posture and the actions. Regular crunches along with a balanced diet can help you lose belly fat easily. Following are some crunches for women:
- Lie down on the floor (you can use a floor mat to rest on).
- Bend your knees and then hold your hands below the neck.
- Now, while exhaling, lift the upper part of your body. Remember, do not tuck your chin in the chest. Your chin must be in a straight direction.
- Then while inhaling, go in the downward direction.
Repeat these crunches 20 times. You must increase the count weekly, so that your body does not reach a plateau.
- Lie down on the floor and cross the left foot over the right knee. Place your hands behind your head.
- Lift your shoulder blades off the floor, and then curl your upper body diagonally across your body towards your left knee. This step should be performed without lifting your lower back from the floor.
- Maintain this position for a few seconds.
- Slowly relax and come down to your original position.
- Repeat for 12-16 times before changing sides.
- Lie down on the floor so that your left shoulder, left hip, and left ankle all touch the ground. Your right leg should be right on top of your left leg.
- Place your right arm behind your head so that your elbow points upwards.
- Raise your left shoulder off the ground. Try to elevate up as much as you can.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, and then slowly lower your left shoulder and body back to the floor.
- Repeat for 10-15 times, and then lie on your right side and perform the same upward motion with your left side.
- Lie down on your back and place hands on the floor.
- Bring the knees towards the chest until they're bent to 90 degrees, with feet crossed.
- Raise the legs up towards the ceiling.
- Lower and repeat for 10-15 times.
- Now, when you lift the upper body, bend the knee of the left leg and try to touch it with the right elbow. Your right leg must be extended straight while doing this.
- Repeat this for the other knee and elbow.
These were different crunches that should be a part of regular workout regimen of women. Regularly performing these exercises can help them lose belly fat and achieve their dream body shape.
Disclaimer: Always consult a physician before starting any physical fitness program in order to reduce the risk of injury.