There are no two ways about the fact that the fastest way to lose weight naturally is by exercising regularly and taking a balanced diet. Fad diets, no matter how popular they are and how many people vouch for their effectiveness, somewhere down the line, do more harm to the body than you can even imagine.
Firstly, most of the weight loss programs or fad diets focus on eating a particular food group, thus you are sure to fall short of one essential nutrient or the other.
Secondly, can you ever imagine yourself never eating certain foods in your entire life? No, right? So you can see, there are very dismal chances that you will follow through a fad diet for a long term. The result? Gaining back whatever weight you have lost through it!
As you must have gauged by now, exercising and eating right is the only healthy and fast way to lose weight. Know in detail what does exercising and eating right to lose weight constitutes.
Fastest Natural Ways to Lose Weight
A Strong Determination
The first tip is to build your focus. You should be very clear of your goal, which in this case is healthy weight loss. Only once you are mentally prepared to go the whole hog to lose weight, can you actually achieve it.
So for once, make up your mind that you would not abuse your body in any way by overeating. Instead, you would shape it up in the most desirable manner, by controlling your diet and increasing your physical activities.
Say No To These
The first thing that you should do is to avoid foods that are known to add layers of fat on your body. So from now on, say bye bye to high sugar foods like cakes, pastries and candies, all processed foods, fried and oily foods such as potato fries, and all fast foods including pizzas and burgers!
Carbonated drinks and alcohol do nothing but add empty calories to your body, so limit their consumption too and if you can, totally give them up!
Exercise, Exercise, Exercise
Read any number of health magazines and you will find them all agreeing on one thing and that is - the best way to lose weight naturally is by exercising every day!
Arms, legs, back, hips, chest area, abdomen, neck, shoulders and feet - all should be exercised thoroughly. Initially, it would do you good if you join a gym and have an exercise program designed by a professional, especially for you. Follow this program to the core and be consistent, if you are really serious about your weight loss goal.
Some Dos and Don'ts
There are some things that you should do and some that you should avoid, which can contribute immensely to your weight loss goals. Here is a complete list of such things.
- Spread your meals throughout the day. Take five small meals, with small food portions, instead of three big meals.
- Start your day with an egg. Eggs contain vitamin B12, which researches show aids in weight loss. Also, have your last meal at least two hours prior to sleeping, so that the body is able to digest it, before it takes a rest position.
- Sleep for seven to eight hours everyday. Researches have shown that people tend to eat more when they are stressed. Not giving the body rest and sleep adds to the stress, and thus can lead you to eat more. Make sure that you have enough rest in a day.
- An age-old effective home remedy for weight loss is to drink a glass of warm water in which juice of half a lemon and a teaspoon of honey have been added. This drink should be taken first thing in the morning, as it aids in digestion and the removal of toxins from the body which can otherwise accumulate as fats.
- Besides the ones mentioned, drinking two to three liters of water everyday aids in quick weight loss. It will speed up your metabolism, help in better digestion of food, aid in tidying over your hunger pangs, plus will make your skin glow!
Losing weight is not as difficult as it is made out to be, provided you have the will power to carry out your plans. Follow these mentioned tips, be consistent in your efforts, reward yourself by doing things that you like every time you lose a kilo - if you are able to do this, soon you will be fit, fine and fabulous!