There are many people around the world, who are quite concerned about their health and enthusiastic about exercises.
However, due to busy schedule and stressful routines, these people cannot find time to go to the gymnasiums and perform regular exercises. The probable, rather, the best solution to this problem is that of having a home gym. It is convenient as well as saves a lot of time spent in going to the gymnasiums and coming back home.
In such cases, either the person stops exercising or does it without any proper technique or plan. He/she remains clueless about why he is doing it or what he is doing. Whether weight loss or weight gain, here is a good workout plan, prepared for all those people who are confused with what exercises to perform at home.
Actually, the type and the number of exercises one can do would depend upon the exercising equipment that they have. It is possible for a billionaire to have a full-fledged home gym with all the modern equipment and machines along with a good physical trainer.
However, this would not be the case with the common people. For us space and budget also are important constraints that need to be thought of before buying any machines. The fact is that though one does not have a variety of machinery, one can still perform the exercises and build their body.
Warm Up Activities
Now, the most important part of all the exercise programs is to properly perform the warm up activities. These are important as one's body gets in motion and gathers enough energy to complete the exercises.
Cycling on the cycling machine, jumping rope, and basic physical training exercises are some of the best options of warming up and form the first step of the plan.
For pull ups, one would need to have a bar installed somewhere in the corner of the room.
Free Weight Exercises
It is likely that one would have free weights, dumbbells, and barbells. One can start the exercises with these instruments and can follow the plan given further:
- Thursday - 2 sets each with 10-12 repetitions of shoulder exercises such as seated dumbbell press, front lateral raises.
- Friday - 2 sets each with 10-12 repetitions of leg exercises such as hack squats, dumbbell squats, and calf raises.
- Convenience of time. One can do the exercises any time of the day.
- Can do exercises independently and there is no one to disturb. Unlike in gymnasiums where there might be people waiting for their turn to use an equipment to complete the exercise.
- Can concentrate more on the muscle group that one wishes to develop the most.
- Absence of physical trainer to guide one, might lead to injuries while lifting heavy weights and cause some serious muscle pain.
- Irregularity and inconsistency might occur as there is no one to keep a check on one's exercise and to monitor it.
Following the aforementioned plan, might prove beneficial. Furthermore, one should meet a physical trainer and discuss his/her lifestyle and physical limitations, in order to get a more accurate workout.
Disclaimer: Always consult a physician before starting any physical fitness program in order to reduce the risk of injury.