Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only. Always consult a physician before starting any physical fitness program in order to reduce the risk of injury.
With proper coaching and guidance from a fitness instructor, getting an 8 pack is totally possible. If you are already working on your abs and the rest of the body, you have a lean, more toned body and abs, this could be possible. But don't expect to go from no abs to 8 packs in a matter of days; that's just wishful thinking. I'm not here to discourage you or anything. But the fact remains, the process is tough, the road can be challenging for some, but it is unquestionably doable.
What's the Workout Like
The truth of the matter is, while performing abdominal exercises on a regular basis, you can easily get 6 pack abs. This way, going for an 8 pack is easier (as compared to no abs). So, if you haven't worked on your abdominal muscles ever, you need to begin now. First, concentrate on getting a 6 pack, and then you can make plans on achieving the final 2.
Hanging Leg Raises
- Stand underneath a pull-up bar, and grab it with both hands.
- Keep your legs straight, feet touching one another, and relax.
- Your hands will be slightly wider shoulder-width apart. Now inhale.
- While exhaling, you will raise both legs and bend your knees.
- Bring legs up so that your thighs are parallel to the floor. Hold the position for a second or two.
- Come back the starting position, and lightly touch the floor.
- Do 3―4 sets of 15 repetitions. You can increase the intensity by raising your legs all the way up, and bringing thighs closer to your chest.
- Place an exercise mat on the floor, and lie down.
- Bend your knees, and keep your feet flat on the floor. Place a weight on your chest, and hold it with your hands.
- Slowly, you will lift your upper body and keep the lower body still. As you do so, contract your abdominal muscles.
- Stop when you reach a 45º angle from the floor. Hold this position till you are comfortable.
- Return to starting position when you feel strained. Repeat this workout 2―3 times a week and do 10 repetitions.
- Keep an exercise mat on the floor, and sit on it. In this workout, your body will look like a 'V' shape.
- Keep your abs contracted, and raise both legs upward.
- At 45º angle, hold your legs and place hands in front of you.
- Keep elbows straight, and try to touch your shins. To do this, your hips need to be firm on the floor.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds (or for however long you can).
- Release and come back to starting position. Do this exercise 3―4 times a week; 10 repetitions.
Keep these Tips in Check
Tip #1 - Along with the core exercises mentioned above, you also have to provide some time for aerobic exercises. This is because if you keep concentrating only on your abs, your body might become lazy and bored. In order to get those chiseled 8 packs, you need to reduce your overall body fat, below 10%. Only then can you get the final 2 packs to flaunt. So, for 3 to 5 times a week, schedule a running session for about 20 to 30 minutes. You can either hit the gym for that, or run outdoors.
Tip #2 - Also, keep an eye on what you eat and drink. Proper and strict diet has to be followed in order to get your body to respond to all that strenuous workout. And don't forget to get a good night's sleep. This doesn't mean you sleep for 8 to 10 hours once a week and work like a maniac in the gym. No, that's not how it works. Make sure you're off to bed before midnight and have a bright and early start.
Tip #3 - And last, but certainly not the least, get a personal trainer to help you out. With their special guidance on your workout routine and eating habits, you can reach your goals faster. You will have someone to motivate you when desperately needed. And, it's a great self-esteem booster when someone is out there cheering for you and wishes you reach your fitness target.
Follow the workout routine, have a strong will power, keep the intense desire to achieve your target goal alive, and adhere to the tips mentioned in the article―you can do anything your heart and mind wishes.