If you are wondering how to lose 50 pounds fast, rest assured, that it's indeed a big deal to lose so much in a short span of time. People wanting to shed so much weight, usually make long-term plans, because short-term weight loss goals are never useful in the long run. The duration required to curtail 50 pounds from your body is normally 6 months if a proper diet and exercise regimen is followed. People who resort to crash diets and rigorous workout routines will witness a rebound effect on their bodies, and rapid weight gain after a certain period is the sole consequence. If you want weight loss devoid these side effects, then give yourself at least four months time.
Losing 50 pounds naturally will take you 6 months, along with regular exercise. During this time span, you have to be extremely cautious of what you are eating.
- Without exercise, you can never lose so much weight. Join a reputed gym, and follow the guidelines of your instructor. Do not hasten into heavy impact exercises immediately if you are doing it for the first time.
- Effective calorie burning is possible with cardio exercises. Include a lot of physical activities in your weight loss regimen. These include running, jogging, skipping, aerobics, kick boxing, swimming, etc. A 45 minutes daily cardio is necessary for losing weight.
- Weightlifting is essential for burning additional fat from your body. Start with light weights, and then increase them. Doing stretching exercises with weights and machines is more effective than freehand exercises.
- Work out till you sweat profusely. Good gyms are sometimes equipped with vibrating machines, that help in movement of each and every part of your body.
- Give more stress to elliptical exercises, squats, abdominal stretches, crunches, shoulder and bench presses, etc., to lose fats from particularly stubborn areas. Exercises meant for strengthening hamstrings and glutes keep your body toned. Anaerobic exercises are important to make your muscles strong, and to reduce the extra flab.
- Until you control your diet, exercises will never produce the desired results. Implement a diet that will provide you energy, without causing weight gain.
- You need to increase your protein intake while following a heavy exercise schedule. Eat boiled chicken, beef, fish, and turkey everyday. Increase consumption of fat-free dairy products, including skimmed milk and egg white. Whey protein powders and protein drinks rich in minerals and vitamins are useful.
- Eat a little carbohydrate (complex) during breakfast. Cornflakes, whole wheat pasta, and oatmeal may suffice as options.
- Go on a zero-carbohydrate diet after 3 months. This implies avoiding them completely from your meals. This way, you are more likely to lose weight fast.
- You can add unsaturated fatty acids in your diet in a healthy manner. Unsaturated fatty acids or omega-3-fatty acids could be consumed by cooking your food with olive oil. Include walnuts, shrimp, tuna, kidney beans, peanuts, tofu, salmon, etc., in your meals, as much as possible.
- Curtail fast foods, aerated drinks, and beverages. Have fresh fruits and unsweetened fresh fruit juices. Apples, oranges, guava, lemons, berries, cantaloupe, peach, and pears should be included in your diet in a large amount.
- Starchy vegetables like potatoes and sweet potatoes should not be consumed. Green leafy vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals, and they must form a part of your meal everyday. Have them in boiled or raw form. You can also have vegetable stews and soups.
The tips provided above should be followed for six months. Check your weight every 15 days, and you will find a gradual decrease in your weight. Losing 50 pounds is not unattainable if you are investing your energy in the right direction, and following a proper diet. Once you have lost the desired amount of weight, you should always maintain yourself to prevent random weight gain. Never make a hasty decision to follow the crash diets that promise you good results within a short time span. Set a long term plan to reduce weight effectively.
Disclaimer: This FitnessVigil article is solely for informative purpose, and not intended to replace the advice of medical experts. Consult a dietician for better results.