Our sedentary lifestyle is one of the main reasons behind poor health. Though we all dream about getting a toned body, but are we taking steps to turn that dream into reality? To add to that, we consume processed food that is rich in fat.
Well, we are bound to end up with flabby arms, stomach, or thighs, if we continue with such dietary habits and sedentary lifestyle. So, if you wish to get toned arms and thighs, you will have to get out of this vicious circle, and make some lifestyle-related changes.
Exercises to Get Toned Thighs
- Lie on your back, with your arms by your sides and palms facing down.
- Raise your left foot as much as you can, with toes pointed toward the ceiling. Thereafter, rotate the leg slightly outward.
- Take a deep breath, and make a circle on the ceiling with your left leg. Make sure that your hips are still, as you move your leg. Make sure that your hips are touching the floor.
- Rotate your leg to make the circle 5 times in a clockwise direction. Thereafter, repeat the aforementioned steps, but move your leg in a counter-clockwise direction.
- Follow these steps with your right foot.
- Repeat this exercise 5 times
- While lowering the body, keep the upper body straight, and contract your glutes. Make sure that while squatting, the knees don't move past your toes.
- Come back up to the starting position, and repeat these steps.
- Keeping your left leg stationary, move your right leg forward, as much as you can.
- While your right foot lands in front of you, bend both your knees for lowering your body.
- Get your right foot back in the starting position, and follow it up by putting your left foot forward.
- Repeat these alternating lunges for around 15 times.
Note: Do not flex or bend your knee of the front foot beyond your toes, and make sure that your back leg doesn't touch the floor as you stretch.
- Lie down on with your back on the exercise mat.
- Breathe in as you lift your legs.
- Exhale while bringing your legs down.
- Do not let them touch the floor.
- Hold the position where your legs are around 2 inches from the ground.
- Repeat this exercise around 15 times.
- Lie down on a mat or an exercise bench on your stomach.
- Bend your legs in such a manner, that they are as close as they can to your buttocks.
- Repeat this exercise around 20 times.
- Lie down on your right side.
- Lift your head using your right arm for support.
- Lift your left leg while keeping your right leg steady.
- Lower your left leg, but do not lower it fully.
- Lower it only after you have lifted it up and down for around 15 to 20 times.
- Perform 3 sets of 20 repetitions for each side.
Besides performing these exercises, make sure that you a follow a healthy, balanced diet. Make sure that you stretch before the workout. You can join a gym if you want to lose thigh fat quickly.
Disclaimer: Always consult a physician before starting any physical fitness program in order to reduce the risk of injury.