If you are a beginner, here are some basic tricks that you can start off with and then move on to some more advanced tricks.
The Basic Technique
- Stand straight within the ring placed on the ground, with your feet spread apart at shoulder-width. Keep your knees slightly bent.
- Hold the ring on either side with both hands, and bring it upwards. Rest it on your back.
The Booty Bump
- Start this trick with the basic hula hoop motion.
- Once you are in the groove, start bending at your waist. Bend until your back is flat and perpendicular to your lower body.
- Now, begin bouncing slightly (more like in a pumping motion).
- With your knees and legs moving, have the ring swinging around your hips.
- Spread out your hands to maintain your balance.
The Arm Twirl
- Stand erect, with your legs shoulder-width apart. Extend your arms besides you.
- Place the ring on your right arm, and let it rest between your shoulder and elbow.
- Performing tricks around the waist helps to strengthen the core muscles, which comprise the abdominal muscles and the lower back muscles.
- When using it around your arms, it strengthens the biceps and the triceps. Even the shoulders are benefited by these movements.
- It also helps in improving concentration.
Hula hooping is a fun-filled game that works as a stress-buster too. So, go on and have some fun and also reap its health benefits in the process.