Bored and tired of hiding those flabby thighs in loose pants? Need to desperately get them into shape so that you can wear what you want, when you want and not be bogged down by the thunder-thighs woes? You need some simple exercises that will help you sculpt and shape those thighs into near perfection. Here are some examples.
1. Leg Butterfly Stretching
- Sit down on an exercise mat and join the soles of your feet together.
- This will open up both your legs. Make sure that the soles remain joint.
- You will notice that the knees of both the legs are in mid-air. Now try to bring the knees down to the ground.
- The more flexible you are, the more you will be able to get your knees down to the ground. Get them as low as possible, till they touch the ground.
- You will feel a stretch in your inner thighs.
- This exercise is great for toning, stretching and getting the body more flexible.
2. Inner Thigh Firmer
- Lie on your left side and support your head with a rolled up towel.
- While maintaining a straight position on the left side of your body, bend the right leg and bring it in the front of your body.
- While maintaining the straight position of the left leg, slowly inch it off the ground to about 6 inches.
- Maintain this position for about a minute or two if you can.
- Bring the left foot down till it touches the floor and then take it back to the original position again.
- Now repeat this set 10-12 times on either side.
- This will not only firm your thighs but also make them strong.
- Stand straight while backing a wall.
- Maintain a shoulder-width distance between your legs and point the toes outwards.
- Now inhale and lower yourself into a squat.
- Make sure that the heels are always on the ground and that the knees never cross the toes when squatting.
- Exhale when you come up again.
- Repeat in sets of 3 with 16 repetitions each.
- This exercise can also be done with the help of a medicine ball, by keeping it against your back and supporting the wall.
4. Stability Ball
- Lie on the floor, on your back.
- Now place an exercise ball between your lower legs, supporting it with your feet.
- After balancing the ball, apply pressure evenly on both sides.
- Hold with pressure applied for 4-5 seconds and then release.
- Repeat about 10-15 times.
- This exercise can also be done in a sitting position. Make sure to keep your back straight at all times.
5. Side Lunges
- Stand with your feet together and place your hands onto your hips.
- Now move your left leg in a straight position to the side of your body.
- And shift all the weight onto the right foot.
- Bend your left foot at the knees and let the right leg straighten.
- Now using all the weight push off the right foot and bring the left foot back to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Do this in 8-10 sets on each side.
6. Thigh Kicks
- Place a chair before you, with your hands on the back of the chair.
- Lift yourself by standing on the balls of your feet.
- Simultaneously, tighten the stomach muscles.
- Point your toes and keep them that way for the remainder of the exercise.
- Now take your right leg and cross it in front of the left leg and your body.
- Now swing the right leg to the side of the body in a controlled way, without letting it swing on its own accord.
- Repeat this 8 -10 times before doing the same on the other side.
7. Leg Circles
- Lie on your back with both legs stretched out in front of you.
- Lift your left leg into the air while keeping the right leg stretched out.
- Take the left leg as high as you can, such that the toes are pointed to the ceiling.
- Now flex your feet at the joints and trace 5 circles in the clockwise and 5 in the anti-clockwise direction.
- Make sure that the hips are not lifted at any point during the whole exercise.
- Repeat on the right side as well.
- Repeat 3-5 times. When you get comfortable with this exercise, increase the number of circles that you trace.
- The exercise seems simple, but it is quite intense.
Hope you have got what you were looking for. So if you think you need to work on your inner thighs, then pick one of these exercises and get to it. And in no time you'll find that your thighs are sculpted.