Unarguably, jogging is one of the best cardiovascular exercises that helps you burn calories and stay fit! Jogging is a refreshing experience which prepares you well for the day ahead. Here are some jogging tips for beginners, and especially for men, who are thinking of taking it up seriously.
Looking to Shed Some Pounds?
Jogging to lose weight is an excellent idea as compared to other weight loss programs. The reason is that if you jog regularly, you lose weight at a steady and healthy pace. On an average, jogging burns about 10 calories per minute. The number of calories may differ as there are certain factors involved―age, weight, medical history, jogging pace, etc.
Say that you follow a 30-minute jogging routine daily for 6 days a week. This will help you burn about 1800 calories in a week; a pound of body fat is 3500 calories. So, if you maintain your jogging routine for 2 weeks, you are sure to lose about 1 pound of body fat steadily, provided your calorie intake is steady and in check over the course of time.
Before Jogging, Comes Important Tips
Here are some basic tips for men which they should take into consideration for an invigorating and safe jogging experience.
Early Jogger Catches Less Traffic
Starting out early in the morning or even at dawn is a wonderful idea. That way, you encounter less traffic on the way and can get to breathe loads of fresh air untainted by smoking gas guzzlers.
Consult a Doctor if You have a Heart Condition or Other Issues
If you are afflicted with heart problems, joint pain, disc problems in lower back, sciatica, or other such disorders, it is essential that you consult a physician before starting to jog.
Tips for When You're Jogging
- As you're starting out, aim at jogging at least 8 to 15 miles each week. This will increase your aerobic capacity/stamina.
- Do a good warm-up exercises before you begin as it will give your body a signal about what's to come next.
- Same goes for cool down exercises as it heart rate and blood pressure fall gradually.
- For beginners, the run-walk technique works wonders. The trick is to run/jog for a while and then walk for a short distance.
- Decide on how much you wish to accomplish each day, week, and month.
- Make sure you breathe in through your nose and mouth in order to get enough oxygen to the muscles.
In order to wake up and go for a jog in the morning requires a lot of motivation! If you can beat the inertia that prevents you from waking up early, there are rich health dividends that you can get through jogging.
Disclaimer: Always consult a physician before starting any physical fitness program in order to reduce the risk of injury.