Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and your feet. It's also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed. - Charles M. Schulz
Simple math: Burn more calories than you consume. That's how you lose weight. Watch everything you eat, and make sure you work-out to shed those extra pounds. But how? Jogging's the ultimate answer. Regardless of your age and weight, the best and easiest way to lose weight instantly is to do some daily jogging as it contributes to our health by providing good cardiovascular workout, thereby strengthening the muscles.
Regular jogging not only helps in improving the overall physical condition by adequate consumption of oxygen, but also has a number of health advantages, stress reduction and stronger bones being the most prominent benefits of the same. It burns calories and fat tissue at such a fast rate that getting a slim and trim figure for women is no big deal. However, excessively over-weight people should not take up jogging to lose weight before consulting a doctor or physician.
It is essential to keep away from all situations that may lead to difficulty in breathing, or even a heart-attack. However, if you're just slightly outside the dimensions, jogging can prove to be a great exercise for losing weight fast. Take it slow; it's going to be hard initially, but mind you, once you get into the habit, those turns around your society would keep on increasing in number as you enjoy your daily jog. Weight loss is just a bonus.
How to Jog to Lose Weight
With every mile, jogging and running will show their effect on you, slowly and gradually. Calories burned while doing this cardio work-out will keep on increasing, depending on a number of factors such as the distance you travel and the speed at which you run. Jogging calls for some stamina, and to lose weight fast it is essential to build stamina gradually, and not just by running a distance of 5 miles the very first day. It is essential to steadily pick up speed in order to fetch good results and feast on the benefits of jogging.
Here are some simple steps on how to lose weight by jogging:
- During the initial days, go on a routine jog thrice a week. This will avoid all kinds of body pain and you will get enough time to rest as is required by a beginner.
- Gradually increase the distance you jog per week. Beginning with just half a mile, and steadily increasing the distance weekly will help you burn more and more calories, and lose weight in a healthy manner.
- Note your weight before and after jogging. Also, compute the number of calories burnt each week. Approximately 100 calories are burned by jogging a mile. Hence, suppose you run 4 miles daily, and 5 times a week, you can calculate that you burn 2000 calories per week.
- The most important thing to keep in mind while jogging is consistency. Minor skips are okay, but while jogging calls for gradually speeding up, missing out on it will not fetch you desired results. Jog slower and shorter, but don't miss out on jogging at all.
- Drink up to 8 glasses on water everyday to keep yourself hydrated. Jogging makes you sweat a lot, and for this reason, hydration is a necessity. What's more, water flushes all toxins from the body, thereby, speeding up the process of weight loss.
- Eating right is an essential part of weight loss, and hence, keeping a check on your diet can save you from piling up pounds again. Think about it, instead of eating Pizza in your lunch and burning all calories in your evening jog, if you eat a low-calorie meal, you burn not only the calories consumed during lunch, but the ones already stored in your body too.
Jogging Tips for Men
Unarguably, jogging is an excellent idea for men in comparison to other weight loss regimes. Men have an edge over women as far as safety is concerned. However, there are some healthy jogging tips for men which they tend to ignore most of the time. Here they are:
- Just because you're a man, and think you're physically stronger than women, doesn't mean you can avoid minor injuries. Even the slightest of pains can become major illness if you don't pay heed to it.
- It is natural for men to sweat a lot. It is recommended to wear loose clothing while jogging.
- Again, due to excessive sweating, it is preferable to carry a water bottle along, which will save you from getting dehydrated.
- Do not jog in polluted areas as they can lead to breathing problems.
- When choosing shoes, comfort, durability, and control over foot-motion are factors of top-most priority.
Jogging Tips for Women
For females who have started jogging to get a slimmer body, it is essential to keep in mind some important tips which are not limited to health and fitness. Nevertheless, some of the tips mentioned in the above section like wearing loose clothing, carrying a water bottle, and avoiding polluted areas are applicable to women too, with an inclusion of the following safety points.
- It is always recommended to jog in an area that you know.
- As far as possible, avoid jogging alone.
- Avoid wearing too revealing outfits.
- Wear good shoes which are comfortable and do not cause you pain.
- Avoid jogging at night. It is always advisable for women to jog during the day.
Jogging, if done properly, can prove to be a whimsical way of losing weight at the fastest pace. However, it is essential to keep in mind all the factors and techniques before taking up jogging. A consistent routine and adherence to all the pointers will keep you healthy and fit.