In the conquest of quick muscle gain, many men make a mistake of beginning weightlifting without proper guidance or properly planned workouts. In such cases, they do nothing but waste a lot of time and sometimes also injure themselves!
Remember that weightlifting is effective and useful only when you have a properly planned workout that targets the development of each and every muscle group under a qualified physical trainer. The workouts given here for men target each and every muscle group and stimulate optimal muscle building in men.
Weightlifting Workouts #1
This workout is an everyday routine and should be started with a warm-up session, including running/jogging and stretching exercises. For all the exercises, 3-4 sets with 8 - 10 repetitions are enough. At the end of the workout, one can perform abdominal exercises and wrist curls.
Day 2: Shoulder Workout
The following exercises can be included in the workout for shoulders:
- Shoulder press
- Seated dumbbell press
- Side lateral raises
- Front lateral raises
Weightlifting Workouts #2
This three day plan intends to target two muscle groups on a single day. Each workout should start with a good warm-up session and stretching exercises. 2-3 sets with 10-12 repetitions are enough when you target two muscle groups on a single day.
Amidst the week, subject your body to some back and leg exercises.
- A good warm up session is important before every workout. Warm up exercises such as cycling, jump rope, running, and jogging get your muscles ready for the heavy workouts to come and prevent injury.
- See that you do not lift weights beyond your capacity, as doing so would cause an imbalance and serious muscle injury.
- Always insist on having your trainer beside you for support and guidance while doing the exercises.
- Learn the right techniques before starting the actual workout. This would help you in completing the exercise comfortably. You can learn the right technique by trying the exercises with empty weights or barbells.
- While doing exercises with free weights, see to it that you balance both sides properly.
- Always perform intense and slow repetitions. These help in increasing your muscle strength and size.
- Plan the time of your workout properly. Give enough time to rest in between the sets and exercises.
Elderly people if interested in weightlifting can contact a gymnasium in their vicinity and get a lifting workout for older men that will suit their body type and needs. Remember that punctuality, obedience, proper workout, balanced diet, and sufficient rest are some additional tips to gain a well-developed physique.
Disclaimer: Always consult a physician before starting any physical fitness program in order to reduce the risk of injury.