Never starve. This is a grave mistake most people commit, when they want to lose weight. Along with the measures mentioned further, giving up vices like smoking and drinking, and making lifestyle changes are the key to achieving the desired goal and maintaining the achieved weight and fat loss.
- How much ever you do not want to exercise, remember without regular exercise, you will not be able to get to the desired result. Exercise is an important part of the entire weight loss process. All you will need to spare is 30 minutes everyday.
- This will keep your metabolism at its optimum best. Exercise helps in converting more calories into energy. Remember, you have to be consistent.
- You cannot exercise once for 30 minutes and then come back and say you were not able to lose belly fat in one week. Consistency is the name of the game.
- The cardiovascular exercises will help to increase the heart rate and strength training will help to build muscles, which go a long way in not only losing weight, but also maintaining the lost weight.
- Last but not the least, is to ensure that you rest your muscles at least twice a week. Resting the muscles will ensure they recuperate well and start off with the 'assigned' task all fresh.
Create Calorie Deficit
- To lose 1 lb of fat, you will have to create a calorie deficit of 3,500 calories. Do not get perturbed by the number.
- All you will need to do is to cut down on 500 calories per day, which at the end of the week will add up to 3,500 calories.
- Several times, we are not aware of the number of total calories that we are consuming. In other words, you will have to monitor your diet regularly.
- Making small changes will go a long way in helping you to reduce the number of calories that you consume.
- Your job does not end with just creating a calorie deficit. You will also have to make sure that you are eating right.
- All junk food has to go out of your daily calorie intake. This means you will have to go without salty chips and nachos.
- Make sure that the processed carbohydrates are not a part of your diet, inclusive of sugar, all-purpose flour, etc. You can consume brown rice and whole wheat pasta, instead of their other unhealthy cousins.
- For dinner, if possible you will want to do away with carbohydrates from your plate. Have a protein dish and combine it with some salads, so that you do not wake up hungry in the middle of the night.
- Monitor when is that you are faced with hunger pangs. A lot of people tend to snack at midnight.
- The next thing one does after midnight snacking is going to bed. This is often the cause of weight accumulation around the midriff.
- After snacking the blood sugar level increases, sugar is then converted into belly fat. Similarly, if you are an emotional eater, you will have to stop doing that as well.
- Drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water is important in your weight loss process. It will help in keeping your body well hydrated.
- According to some studies, drinking 2 glasses of water about 15 to 20 minutes before meals, helps in the weight loss process.
- Many times, it is seen that people are not able to understand the signals given by their bodies. Often thirst is misinterpreted for hunger, which causes people to overeat and hence, they gain weight.
- When you consume sufficient quantities of water, kidneys are well stimulated, which helps to reduce water retention and bloating.
- Remember, water is the only zero calorie drink, which will help you in the weight loss process.
Some people also recommend going on a salt-less diet for one week, as salt causes water retention. However, it is advisable to decrease the amount of salt consumed, rather than a salt-less diet, as it may cause dehydration. the best way to lose belly fat in one week is right eating and regular exercise.