Love handle is a slang term that refers to the flab around an individual's midsection. It is prominently visible on the sides, on the abdominal external oblique muscle. This flab can be really frustrating as it does not budge easily, you have to slog like crazy to get those perfect abs. Although this issue is as important for both the genders, women tend be a bit more conscious and fussy about it, because who does not want a nice, flat waist? Hence, for that, they especially need to work out. Therefore this article is dedicated to all the women who want to have a perfect waist.
Love Handle Workouts for Women
- First stand with your feet apart at a distance equal to the width of your shoulders.
- Rest a barbell on your shoulders. Now that your torso has tightened, turn to your right while anchoring on your left foot to get a full range of motion.
- Get back to the original position and do this in the opposite direction.
- Repeat this around 5 times or may be more if you can, for each side.
- Lie on your side and prop yourself on your arm keeping the upper arm perpendicular to the ground, and the lower arm on the ground.
- Place your feet parallel to each other, one on top of the other.
- Lift the hips up from the floor in a position such that your body creates a diagonal line from foot to arm pit.
- Now the only parts of your body which are in contact with the ground are your feet and forearm.
- Stay in this position for around 20 seconds and then change sides.
- Repeat this for around 5 times for a side.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, and have a dumbbell in your hands.
- Now, without moving your legs, bend on one side, as far as you can.
- While you are bending, make sure you are squeezing your abs all the time and then get back to the first position.
- Repeat it on the other side and do this around 10 times per side.
- Lie down on your back and keep your feet a bit apart.
- Bend your knees keeping the soles of your feet on the ground. Now, lift your upper body.
- After you lift your upper body, stretch, and twist it in such a manner that you can touch your elbow with the opposite knee.
- Let your body be slightly raised and keep your waist firmly on the floor and lift only the upper and middle back, but not the lower back.
- Do this a minimum of 15 times for a good workout.
- Sit on the floor in a sit-up position.
- The feet should be kept together and either raised slightly above the ground or elevated with the help of a stable support.
- The arms should be interlocked and held straight in front of the body. One can also hold a ball or a dumbbell instead of interlocking fingers.
- Swing the arms from one side to the other, and twist your abs as you swing. Each swing to one side counts as one rep.
- The slower the arms are moved, the better the muscles are exercised.
- Pay attention to your breathing, and inhale and exhale rhythmically along with your movements.
- Do not stop between reps and do not hold your breath.
- Do this 20 times.
Just doing workouts will not work. Primarily, you got a love handle because you have unwanted fats and they are deposited in that area. Hence, to get rid of fats, you need to do lot of cardio and aerobic exercises, as they help in burning fat. Now once the fat is burnt, you would automatically lose that unnecessary flab. Carry out and participate in activities such as
- Martial arts
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only. Always consult a physician before starting any physical fitness program in order to reduce the risk of injury.