In women, maximum body fat is stored in the lower body parts, which includes the buttocks, hip region and the stomach. Losing fat from these body parts is quite difficult and takes a lot of time. Exercise and diet will surely reduce the fat stored in the lower part. Also, these exercises can be performed easily at home.
Lower Abdominal Exercises for Women
Exercising lower abs is quite challenging. Just performing the exercise is not going to help you. You also need to follow a healthy balanced diet. Drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water is mandatory. Avoid oily greasy food and jump on food that is nutritious and low in calories.
Perform warm up workouts before doing these exercises. And most importantly, be regular with your exercise routine. All these steps together will give you effective results. Given are some exercises to get those toned and sexy lower abs.
- Lie down on the floor on your back and support your head with your hands.
- Fold your knees and keep your feet on the floor.
- Raise your upper body through your shoulders in the direction of the ceiling and try to reach your knees.
- Look towards ceiling while raising your upper body.
- Slowly get back to the original position and repeat the exercise for 20 times, in two sets.
- Lie down on the floor on your back and place your hands either besides your thighs or behind your head.
- Straighten your legs to keep your body flat.
- Now, gently bend your knees, so that, they bend to form a right angle.
- Keep your legs joined while bending the knees.
- Bring your knees close to your chest by tightening your abs and lifting the hip region.
- Then, slowly get back your feet on the floor.
- Repeat the steps for at least 10 times and increase the count gradually. Reverse crunches are very difficult to perform but give best results.
- Bring a bend in your left leg and try to touch the left knee with your right elbow.
- Keep your right leg straight, while touching the left knee with right elbow.
- Gently get back to the starting position and repeat the steps for other side.
- Perform the exercise for 20 times, 10 for each side.
These were some of the lower ab exercises for women at home. While performing these abdominal exercises, do remember that you will experience a twist in your lower abdomen. You need to perform these exercises religiously to obtain effective results.