Side crunches is an advanced form of crunch exercises, to keep the abdomen in shape. Belly fat, love handles are an ugly site and getting rid of them can be a herculean task. Being fat can sometimes leave you in an embarrassing situation. You cannot run, cannot wear trendy outfits. Side crunches are important exercises designed to reduce your belly fat.
Oblique crunches are performed to shed off that excess fat around your hips and give them a definite shape.
- Take an exercise mat and lie on your right side.
- Keep your legs on top of each other, remember your knees should be bent. Cover your ear by placing your left hand on the side of your head.
- Crunch your side as high as possible. Focus the movement of the side crunches on the obliques.
- After completing the left side, change position and repeat on the right side.
Side Crunches Workout
To tone up your abdomen do side crunches exercises.
- Lie on the floor on your back with your knees raised.
- Place your hands on the temples, elbows should be back.
- Keep your one elbow on the floor and the other elbow towards the opposite knee.
Swiss Ball Crunches
This is one of the side crunches exercises that gives early results if done religiously.
- Sit on the ball and try to maintain your balance.
- Lay the right side of your body on the ball.
- Place your right leg behind you and have your left leg flat on the ground to maintain balance while you perform the exercise.
- Fold your arms in 90 degrees. Contract your abs to lift your body off the ball.
- In this exercise there are small movements so you only go up various inches.
- Break when you reach the top and squeeze your oblique muscles and exhale.
- Return to the starting position and repeat.
- Repeat the steps on the other side by laying your left side on the ball. Exercise ball side crunches can also be performed in this fashion.
- Stand in an erect position and hold a medicinal ball in your hands, your arms should be at your sides. Hands should be positioned just above your waist.
- Twist the ball around your body on one side. Keep your lower body in a fix position, feeling the tension on your obliques. This is one of the most effective side crunch exercises.
Side Crunches During Pregnancy
During pregnancy side crunches should be done after consulting a doctor or a gynecologist.
- Lie on your right side, right leg should be slightly bent and extend your right arm in front of you for stability. Place your left hand behind your head.
- Bend your left knee and bring your head and left elbow near the knee.
- Do 15 repetitions and repeat on the opposite side.
Side Crunches with Weights
People with back problems should not perform this exercise.
- This exercise benefits the oblique muscles of your abdomen. Stand in an erect posture with your feet apart with the width of your shoulder.
- Hold a dumbbell in your left hand.
- With your back straight, bend on your left side as far as you can, then return to the starting position.
- After you complete your repetitions on one side, change the weight on the other hand and repeat the exercise on the opposite side. Bend only at your waist.
Doing side crunches repeatedly and religiously can help you get an attractive stomach and well-defined abs. I hope this article has answered your question of how to do side crunches in various ways.