If you are on a weight loss regime, a slimming body wrap could act as the perfect add-on for your routine. The process of body wrapping is a non-surgical treatment for weight loss.
In this form of weight loss, the body is covered with a clay-based formula. It is then wrapped tightly with a towel or a cloth, enwrapping the skin. This is left for 1 to 2 hours, after which, it is removed and washed off.
Slimming body wraps are available in spas treatment, and are great therapeutic solutions for weight loss. It can be either applied to the entire body or in the problem areas with high cellulite, like the upper thighs, lower abdomen, and the hips.
Working of Slimming Body Wraps
Many people believe that these body wraps work on the fundamental basis of water-level reduction in our body. Our body has the capacity to retain a lot of water.
When a slimming body wrap suit is on your body, it will make your body lose excess water through sweat, and help burn calories. If you can exercise during the body wrap treatment, it will increase your metabolic rate and will help you lose more weight.
The lower side of a slimming body wrap, that comes in contact with the skin, has a herbal mixture on it. This mixture helps in nourishing the skin, keeping it away from stretch marks. When the body wrap is applied to problem areas like upper thighs or hips, it enhances blood flow in that area, which earlier wouldn't have been possible with fat deposits.
Do They Really Work?
This procedure will definitely work if accompanied by a healthy diet and a suitable weight loss program. They lower the excessive water level in the body, and if accompanied by exercise, will give the best results. After every session, your body will feel lighter and well-toned.
If you remain inactive or consume unhealthy food, the body wrap will not give a good result.
Some people think that reducing the water level of the body, which makes it lighter, is temporary and will not last long, which is a myth. Slimming body wraps are just add-ons for weight reduction, which means they should be accompanied by exercise. They will help in reducing weight faster and more effectively, and also aid in toning the muscles.
Pros and Cons
- These body wraps tone up your skin leaving you with a lighter feeling.
- It removes all the toxins out of the body.
- It helps in rapid inch loss.
- It helps in cleansing the body through detoxification.
- The best and the most convincing part is that you don't have to go under the knife, since it is a non-surgical method of weight loss.
- The salt and clay mixture under the surface of a body wrap helps in exfoliating the skin.
- Body wraps can be made at home.
- Body wraps are usually expensive in spas, and if the technique used is improper, they will not be effective enough.
- The effect is only visible if accompanied by regular exercise and diet.
Anything that is non-surgical and can make you look slimmer is always welcomed, and you have nothing to lose―except for some flab!