Supplements which help to boost metabolism contain caffeine and other stimulants, which help to speed up the metabolism for a short period of time. However, these supplements put a lot of stress on the central nervous system. Also, the use of these metabolism booster supplements many times makes losing weight difficult, as after some time the body becomes tolerant to the stimulants in the supplements. So, avoid the use of these supplements and their harmful side effects, and follow a regime of exercise and eating natural metabolism boosters to speed up your metabolism naturally.
There are three important things you need to keep in mind to increase your metabolism naturally; first never to skip your breakfast, second to regularly keep eating the foodstuffs which boost metabolism, and lastly to ensure regular exercising. Here is a list of the top 10 natural metabolism boosters.
1. Regular Exercising: Regular exercising helps to improve the oxygen levels of the body, which helps to speed up metabolism. Swimming is one of the best exercises which burns a lot of calories and boosts metabolism.
2. Eating Breakfast: Never skip your breakfast and eat a healthy breakfast in the morning which contains high-grain cereals. Some of the best choices are oatmeal and oat bran, which contain fat-soluble fibers and help to burn fat fast.
3. Fiber-rich Veggies: By following a high-fiber diet of vegetables you will be removing fats from your body and your stomach will feel full for a longer time. Broccoli and spinach are a great choice of fiber-rich vegetables.
4. Fiber-rich Fruits: You can eat them at breakfast time or for snacks; the best choice for fiber-rich fruits are grapefruits and apples. They are low calorie snacks which are high in nutrition and fiber content.
5. Lemon-water: Drinking a lot of water in general will help to boost metabolism naturally, but when combined with lemon it has an even better effect on your system. Take a glass of cold water with 1 lemon juice, the cold water will heat up the body and thus burn more calories and the lemon will clean your body from the inside.
6. Green Tea: There are a multitude of green tea benefits. Apart from its refreshing taste, it also helps to speed up your metabolism naturally. Buy organic green tea and keep drinking 2 - 3 cups everyday to get a high metabolism.
7. Yogurt: Yogurt provides many health benefits and is a good source of vitamin B12 for vegetarians. It contains a high amount of protein and to break these proteins down the body needs to generate a lot of heat and hence yogurt is among the top foods that burn fat and increase metabolism. Also, yogurt helps in regulating your digestive system. So keep having a medium bowl of plain yogurt on a daily basis.
8. Nuts: Small nuts are storehouses of energy. Eating almonds raises your metabolism because of their essential fatty acids content, however take care not to overeat them as they contain a lot of calories too.
9. Fish: For non-vegetarians, regular consumption of fish can really help. Fish is a good source of omega-3 essential fatty acids, supports blood circulation, and aids in producing fat-burning enzymes.
10. Rest: Apart from following all the above ways to boost metabolism, it is important that you get the adequate 8 hours of sleep at night. Because, while asleep the body generates the growth hormone that speeds up metabolism naturally. However, take care that you don't oversleep, as it will make you extra hungry and eat more than necessary.
So, avoid taking any artificial metabolism boosting supplements, and speed up your metabolism naturally and effectively by following the above tips.