Want to build your triceps muscle? Performing the right workouts will help you improve the strength of your triceps. You might be struggling to find out the right exercise to strengthen and tone your muscles.
With only a pair of dumbbells, you can easily have the desired results. You'll have to perform these exercises every alternate day to have the right strength.
- Now keep your elbow fixed at your ear, and bend it slowly following an arc motion behind your head until a ninety degree angle is formed at your elbow, and slowly move it back upwards.
- Repeat the motion 10 times.
- Make sure that the part of your arm from armpit to elbow does not move.
- Remember to slightly bend your knees, so that they take the pressure off your lower back.
- Now, repeat the same motion for left hand.
- Perform 3 sets of this exercise.
- Sit upright on a swiss ball.
- Extend both your arms above your head, and hold a dumbbell properly with both your arms.
- When the dumbbell is positioned above your head with your arms extended, keep you arms slightly bended at elbows.
- Start by slowly lowering your arms downwards, behind your head.
- Keep your elbows in, all the weight must be over your triceps.
- Now, slowly raise the dumbbell upward, back to the starting position.
- Remember to keep your elbows in, throughout the exercise.
- You must perform 10 reps, and 3 sets of this exercise.
- You need a flat bench to perform this exercise.
- Hold a dumbbell in your right hand, and place your left knee and left hand on the flat bench.
- Keep your right arm tucked into your side, upper arm must be parallel to floor, and elbow bent to form a ninety degree angle.
- Now, slowly extend your arm until it is straight, keep a very slight bent at elbow, don't make it completely straight.
- Now move it to initial position and repeat.
- Perform 10 reps, and repeat with your left arm.
- Perform 3 sets.
- You need a flat exercise bench for this.
- Lie flat on your back on the bench, and hold a dumbbell with both your arms.
- Keep your arms extended, there must be a slight bend in your arms.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell behind your head, until they are at the sides of your head.
- Now raise it back to the starting position and repeat.
- Perform 10 reps and 3 sets of this arm exercise.
- Decline the bench, and lie flat over it.
- Now grasp two dumbbells, with someone's help, and position them over your shoulders.
- Your arms must be straightened with just a slight bend at elbow.
- The palms must face each other.
- Slowly lower them by bending the elbow, until they are at the sides of your head, they'll touch your shoulder.
- Extend your arms to initial position and repeat.
- Make sure you move both the arms together.
- This is amongst the best exercises with dumbbells for triceps that rightly target your triceps muscle, the declined position helps maintain constant stress on the triceps.
- Perform 10 reps and 3 sets of this triceps extension exercise.
The earlier mentioned exercises will tone up, and strengthen your muscles in the right way. You need to perform them for at least two months to have the desired results. Keeping slight bent in your arms throughout the exercise means not locking the joints is essential to work the triceps muscle.
Dumbbell exercises provide a longer range of motion. Also, this exercise equipment allows you to work each side independently. So, grab those dumbbells, and start building your triceps.