Most of us would love to have a flat stomach and well-toned body. However, hard work is needed to be able to get rid of fat and cellulite. Also, you need to follow a healthy diet.
Nothing is impossible, if you are determined to achieve your fitness goal. You can even get rid of your love handles. The following sections provide a few exercises that might help you get rid of fat at either side of the waistline.
Exercises for Love Handles and Abs
Initially, we will start off with some of the easy workouts. Later, we shall move on to the rigorous ones.
- While doing side bends, you should feel a stretch in the hip area.
- Perform this exercise very slowly. Repeat the exercise 15 times.
- Increase the number of repetitions weekly.
Side Bend with a Dumbbell
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold a dumbbell in right hand, while the left hand should be placed on the waist.
- Keep your back straight, and chest out. Bend down at your waist to the left, while keeping your torso stationary. Stay in this position for a few seconds, and come back to the starting position.
- Repeat these steps about 20 times.
- Now, hold the dumbbell in the left hand, and the right hand on the waist.
- Keep your back straight, and chest out. Bend down at your waist to the right, while keeping your torso stationary. Stay in this position for a few seconds, and come back to the starting position.
- Repeat these steps about 20 times.
Side Plank Exercise
- To perform this exercise, lie on your left side with your knees straight.
- Prop your torso on your left elbow and forearm.
- Contract your abs, and raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from the ankles to your shoulders.
- Stay in this position as long as you comfortably can.
- Now, switch to the other side, and perform the same steps while lying on your right side.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Twist the torso on the left side, and come back to the original position.
- Now, twist your torso towards the right hand side.
- Your hips should not move while you are twisting. Also, you should not bend while performing this exercise.
- Remember not to twist your body too much.
- Twist your upper body to the right, and then to the left. While twisting the torso, keep the Swiss ball as close to your chest as you can.
- Repeat this exercise 15 times.
- Now, bend your knees and lift your legs in such a way that your thighs are perpendicular to your torso, and your calves are parallel to the floor.
- Lower your legs together to the right side, so that the outer right thigh touches the ground on the right side.
- Move your legs to the center, and lower them to the left side, till the outer area of the left thigh touches the ground.
- Repeat this exercise at least 15 times.
- Gently, lift your head first. Thereafter, lift the upper part of the body, so that your chin touches your knees.
- Hold your body in this position for a few seconds, before you come back to the original position.
- Repeat this exercise around 15 times.
- You can increase the count gradually.
- For performing this exercise, lie down on your stomach. Now, gently lift your head.
- Keep your arms straight, besides your body.
- Now, slowly lift one leg off the floor, and slowly take it to the ground.
- Now, perform this with the other leg. When you lift the legs off the floor, you must lift the knees also.
- Once you get better at this exercise, you can start move your legs rapidly.
- Now, carefully lift your head, and try to touch your right elbow to your left knee.
- Come back to the original position.
- Now, lift your hand, and touch your right knee with your left elbow.
- Repeat this exercise 15 times. Gradually, increase the count every week.
Besides performing these exercises, you can also perform cardiovascular exercises. Also, follow a healthy, balanced diet. Last but not the least, exercise on a regular basis.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is solely for educating the reader. Always consult a physician before starting any physical fitness program in order to reduce the risk of injury.