Here we tell you what are the things that you need to keep in mind while choosing these shoes and which are the best shoes for Zumba in the market as of today.
Choosing Footwear for Zumba
Since Zumba uses Latin music for its fitness routines you should know that this exercise routine will involve some intensive workout. Latin rhythms are fast-paced and extremely energetic which is why it is important that you wear the correct shoes while doing Zumba.
While it is fast-paced, it is not difficult to follow. You do not need extreme coordination skills or even a partner unlike other Latin dance forms. In fact, most Zumba classes are like a long party since the music is extremely foot-tapping. Like other aerobic exercises, Zumba is a cardiovascular exercise that helps tone the body.
Given are some tips that will guide you through the process of buying shoes to wear to Zumba classes.
- The most important part of Zumba clothing are the shoes. It is important that you choose a pair of shoes that has not only good shock absorption but also allows you to move lightly across the floor. The latter point is important for any kind of dancing shoes.
- Shoes meant for aerobic activity are generally the best type for Zumba. There are many manufacturers who are introducing shoes meant for Zumba dancers exclusively. Most of these shoes have support from all directions and also, hardly any tread on the sole of the shoes.
- It is always a good idea to buy a pair of shoes that are lightweight. This is important as their lightweight nature makes it easy to glide and turn in them. This is important as you need shoes that allow you to do moves that are intrinsic to the workout.
- Choose shoes for Zumba that have good cushioning as it allows for greater comfort. Cross trainers come with inserts that are exceedingly comfortable. You can also buy these inserts and then replace them every three to six months.
- Another important thing is to pick a pair of shoes that have a wide out-sole. This accounts for good support.
- It may also be a good idea to opt for shoes that have a leather or mesh upper sole. Shoes for people with flat feet are manufactured specially by some companies. You can keep a lookout for these shoes in case you need a specially manufactured pair.
- Avoid using the same shoes that you use for Zumba for running and jogging as they do not have the support that your joints need for such exercise.
- It is always better to change the shoes you are using for Zumba, if you experience any kind of discomfort, or your legs and knees begin to hurt.
If you look at the options of shoes for Zumba for men and women available to you today, some of the best shoes for Zumba come from the Nike stable like the Shox, and the Zoom series. Other good shoes to opt for would be shoes from Ryka, the Capezio dance shoes, Puma's Zumba shoes, etc.
Now that you know which the best shoes for Zumba are and how to choose the same, you can pick out the best pair for yourself before you join a Zumba class.