The ab exercises with medicine ball are used to strengthen the core muscles. Important medicine ball abdominal exercises are explained in the article below. Using the medicine ball facilitates the use of different positions and poses for working out the core muscle groups.
Abdominal exercises are very important from the point of maintaining overall body health. Few of the best ab exercises with medicine ball are discussed in this article. Since, these workouts exert the core muscle groups of body, they are also known as core strengthening exercises.
Medical Ball Abdominal Exercises
The details about lower ab exercises with medicine ball and other workouts which strengthen the abdominal muscles are presented below.
This exercise is as simple to perform as it sounds.
- One has to slam the medicine ball on the ground and in the process work out the abs.
- The initial/starting position for the exercise involves, standing with distance of shoulder-width between the feet.
- To keep the stance comfortable, one can keep the knees slightly bent. The medicinal ball should be held overhead with both hands.
- Now, the main part of this upper ab exercise is throwing the medicine ball forcefully on the floor. Conscious efforts needs to be made in order to see that abdominal muscles are pulled down i.e. abs need to get the necessary workout.
- One should catch the ball, as it bounces off a wall, to return to the original position.
- To make the workout a bit more challenging, it can be performed with one hand at a time; hands need to be used alternately.
- Catching the ball while it bounces makes it easy to perform the exercise. Use of any kind of instruments/equipment makes the workout sessions fun and enjoyable for children.
The technique behind performing this exercise is simple. However, as we know that abdominal workouts although seem easy to perform, it requires great level of endurance to successfully complete these medicine ball abdominal exercises.
- The starting position to perform this exercise consists of lying on the back.
- The medicine ball to be used for the exercise need to be light weight so as to perform the exercise with ease.
- Legs and hands have to be stretched out; one should hold the medicine ball in outstretched hands.
- The next step in this core exercise is to crunch up the upper body while simultaneously raising the legs. The medicine ball should be transferred from hands and positioned in between the legs.
- The upper body and legs need to be lowered, while still keeping medicine ball between the legs. The body should again be crunched up and the medicine ball should be transferred back to hands; the body should then be lowered. This whole action completes one set.
- One should perform 10 sets of this exercise to give a good exercise to the abdominal muscles.
- Difficulty level of this core exercise can be increased by using a bigger medicine ball.
- It is one of the ab exercises with medicine ball for women as well as men.
The Russian Twist is one of the best medicine ball workouts. One has to perform this workout in the sitting position.
- The knees are kept in a bent position while the medicine ball is held in hands; the hands are maintained in a parallel position to the ground.
- To perform the Russian twist, one should first recline a bit (approx. 45 degree) and maintain the position for a while.
- The actual exercise includes twisting the body to the right and left sides alternately. The abs feel a strong pull and are exercised properly.
- The difficulty level of this exercise can be increased by leaning back further, which lifts the feet by 1-2 inches.
- It is advisable to perform 10 sets of this exercise everyday. There are many other exercise ball workouts that one can perform to strengthen the abdominal muscles.
The ab exercises with medicine ball explained in the article workout the core/abdominal muscles in a better manner. As stated earlier, core muscles lie at the center of the body and have to be kept in a healthy condition for maintaining proper health; the medicine ball abdominal exercises therefore, prove to be very effective. The abdominal exercises provided in the paragraphs above, should thus, prove to be useful.