Circuit training workouts are becoming very popular, especially among women. This write-up provides information about the benefits of such workouts.
Circuit training workouts are nothing but exercises performed one after the other without allowing the body to rest. These workouts are considered as best exercise routines for women, both with respect to weight loss and overall fitness of the body. These include various strength training and cardiovascular exercises that target different muscle groups of the body one after the other.
For performing some of the exercises, one would need gym equipment and weights like dumbbells, barbells, etc. The sequence of exercises in the workout is usually fixed, and these exercises are performed for specific number of times and repetitions. Body toning, flexibility and strength are some of the major benefits of circuit training.
Circuit training keeps the heart rate at increased level for a longer period of time, which is why it is one of the most effective ways to lose weight and build muscles. These workouts help the runners, swimmers, boxers, etc., to build endurance and fitness. Crunches, lunges, bench press, leg extensions, back extensions, military press, squats, biceps curl, etc., are some of the best exercises for women. These exercises should be performed in a specific sequence, with a rest of 30 seconds between two exercises. It is recommended that you should consult a professional physical trainer and get a circuit workout chalked.
Workouts for Weight Loss
- To perform this exercise, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, and bring your right foot in front.
- Now, bend both your knees and get into the position of lunge.
- Your right foreleg should be parallel to the floor and left foreleg should be perpendicular.
- Your torso should be straight and abs in.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and then change the side. Do 15 more repetitions for each side.
- Stand in an upright position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Stretch your arms in front of your body and keep your palms facing away from your body.
- Now, squeeze your abs and squat down your body.
- Lower your body such that your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Do not bend in your knees and keep your back straight.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and perform the exercise for at least 3 minutes.
- This is one of the workouts with weights that works on your abs and shoulder muscles.
- Hold dumbbells in each hand, and stand with hip-width apart distance between your feet.
- Keep your torso straight and squeeze your abs.
- Now, lower your body, bend your knees, and raise the dumbbells towards your sides.
- Bring the dumbbells to reach your shoulder level. Then bring down the dumbbells and stand in an upright position.
- Repeat the exercise for one more minute.
- You will require an exercise ball to perform this exercise.
- Take the exercise ball and lie over it with your face directing towards the floor and lower torso resting over the ball.
- Now, keep your hands behind your head and balance your body on your toes.
- Slowly, lift your upper body so that your chest is completely off the ball. Try to bring your body in one straight line.
- Get back to original position and repeat the exercise 12 times.
One should always perform warm up exercises before starting the workout. Do consult a physical trainer, so that you know all you need to know about gaining overall physical fitness with circuit training.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only. Always consult a physician before starting any physical fitness program in order to reduce the risk of injury.