Getting a pair of good walking shoes will not only be good for your feet but also for your body. To find out the connection, read the article below.
What do you consider when you’re out shoe shopping? A majority will consider the looks of the shoes first, the brand, and then maybe the comfort level. Though, it may not be the same with everyone. Choosing walking shoes is not as easy as just visiting a shoe shop and picking up one. Let us see what are the essential requirements to get that perfect walking shoe.
Recommending the best walking shoes may not be an appropriate advice, because it totally depends upon the feet of an individual and what he/she is looking for. Mentioned below are a few considerations which will help you find a pair of good walking shoes for yourself.
Qualities of Good Walking Shoes
- Comfort is the basic. No matter what shoe you choose, be it for occasional wear, casuals or formals, running, gym etc. it must be comfortable and you must be able to walk with ease.
- It must be light in weight. It is probably one of the most basic requirements of a walking shoe. The reason why it must be light in weight is simple. Since you will walk with it, you want it to be an effortless activity and the product must enhance walking. It must not be like you are trampling.
- The base or the sole of your shoe must be flexible and wide enough to cover your heels. When you walk you exert pressure on your heel first and then it gradually increases towards the toe. Hence, if you get a firm and a wide sole enough to support your heels it will make walking effortless.
- The sole for your walking shoe must not be thick. If it is thick then there are chances of your feet slipping sideways as you walk. Get a sole which is rigid and sturdy.
- There are many new technological advancements in the field of footwear. Breathing footwear are not so old. Get a pair of walking shoes which can breathe. It allows good ventilation inside the shoe and will keep your feet sweat-free and odor-free.
Best Brands for Walking Shoes
You probably must have seen it on television. The latest from the Reebok factory has been specifically designed for walking. The shoes have got balance pods beneath the sole, so as to provide with support not only to the heels but to the leg muscles as well. They are stylish, comfortable and the best part about them is that they also help tone these muscles.
Nike Air Max+
The Air Max from Nike comes with Air technology. It is light weight, supportive and protective. It has got heel collars which fit the shape of your feet and helps give them a firm grip. The shoes look stylish and can be used for walking or running.
New Balance Men’s MW965
For men, these will end the search. The MW965 model of shoes from New Balance has the reputation of being ranked amongst top walking shoes by many health and fitness experts.
New Balance 111
For women looking for shoes particularly designed for flat feet, these shoes are highly recommended as they are light weight, firm and sturdy. They have been specifically designed for walking. What’s more, they have got amazing flexibility, cushioning, durability, and shock absorbing capacity.
It is really very important to get the proper walking shoes to avoid any injury to your leg muscles or feet. Wearing the wrong type of shoes can be harmful. Few of the leading shoe manufacturing companies today are coming up with the latest technology to enhance walking and provide more comfort to you. I would say it is best to invest in a decent pair of walking shoes rather than wearing a wrong one and complaining of back pain or other health problems later.