Working out in gyms does not always yield the best results. Hill sprints are the new mantra for losing weight the healthy way.
In 776 B.C, sprint races were the only Olympic event conducted in ancient Rome, wherein, men trained for months in hopes of winning the coveted winner’s title. They trained by sprinting up hills and across villages and valleys. In modern times, we still haven’t stopped running, but we are usually running against time to complete deadlines and family obligations. Those who religiously workout, usually do it indoors or in gyms, but nothing compares to the thrill of exercising outdoors. Early morning jogs and hill sprints are by far the best way to get fit and stay healthy.
Benefits of Hill Sprints
- Hill sprints actually show fast results because they help in gradually increasing the body’s speed and breath control. This exercise helps to rapidly reduce fat and total body mass ratio.
- Running on inclined slope does not put excessive pressure on the gluteal, gastrocnemius (calf muscles), or hamstring muscles.
- This workout will help you gain control over your acceleration without having to worry about your stance.
- It also helps control the body’s coordination, such as the movement of the torso and its alignment with the arms and hands while running up hill. Thereby, drastically increasing your speed while running.
- This exercise has tremendous muscle building potential. Unlike pumping weights in the gym, the only body weight you handle during hill sprints is your own and thus, the rate at which muscles are gained and lost is comparatively slower.
Benefits of Sprint Treadmills
If you live in a place that does not have hills, or you cannot seem to find the time, you can always purchase a hill sprint treadmill. These treadmills have an inclined slope that can be adjusted along with its speed. Starting out with slow running and jogging will help you set your pace and tempo for running on the inclined treadmill.
These treadmills can be placed at home or in your personnel office, as they do not take up too much space. Secondly, this machine can come to your rescue whenever the weather condition is unfavorable for exercising outside. Also, many people shy away from exercising out in the open as it makes them uncomfortable. For such individuals, treadmills are a blessing in disguise, as they can keep themselves active and healthy no matter what.
Hill sprints are the best strength training exercise known to man because they help you get back in shape in the most natural and healthy manner. This workout is also very good for the heart, lungs, and legs. Bear in mind that it is very important to do some basic warm up exercises before beginning any sort of workout, because the body needs time to prepare for the grueling exercise it’s about to endure. An insufficient warm up session can increase the chances of injuries. Therefore, doing some basic leg exercises before and after the hill sprint will help keep injuries at bay.