Many may answer this question with absolute nonchalance. But, the plans these answers unfold are preposterous and far-fetched. Picking a fast way to shed those 20 pounds is to see the diets crash with binge eating sprees. Losing that bulge of extra fat, is never an easy task. It's a challenge that demands utmost dedication and unwavering focus. The lesser you eat and the more you exercise, will tire you out and make you look sick. Diet and exercise have to be balanced well if you really want to lose weight. So, drop those low carb diet plans and workouts that say burning 1000 calories a day is possible.
What is Weight Loss?
Reality states that fad diets come crashing down on you within a week. You will definitely lose weight, but in an unhealthy way. Weight loss is all about balancing what you eat with the amount of exercise you do. The amount of calories you eat must be burnt by physical activity. The average calorie intake of a woman is 1940 and for a man is 2550. And to lose one pound by the end of one week you need to burn 500 calories per day.
Cracking this numerical may seem difficult, but with an easy exercises it is a possible goal. The best part about these fat burning exercises is that they just take 30 minutes from your busy schedule. So, instead of spending them on the couch, spend them on a treadmill or a jogging track listening to your favorite music.
Exercises and Diet for Losing 20 Pounds
This Herculean challenge can be achieved if you follow the diet and exercises given below.
- Instead of joining a gym, opt for cardio workouts. These do not require much of training and can be done on your own.
- Swimming is an exercise that can be done at whatever age. It can be followed, despite back injuries or any other injuries. If you swim for five miles in 30 minutes you will burn around 600 calories. It also helps in building strength and stamina. Swimming is one such activity that tones your entire body as compared to building a specific muscle. Although diet plans may suggest it is possible to lose 20 pounds in a month, the fact remains it is impossible and unhealthy to do so.
- Running or jogging is an excellent cardio workout. Put on your favorite music, get into your running gear and run for five miles in 50 minutes to burn 500 calories. Running is an activity responsible for losing that excessive belly fat. It also helps in curing congestion too.
- What can be better than exploring your surroundings on a cycle. A lot is missed out when you just drive by. Cycle 12 miles per hour to burn 480 calories. The bulging fat on the calves can be reduced by cycling. It helps in building those abs and prevents problems related to lower back too.
- There are no liquid diets that work, but a healthy meal dominated by fiber that will help you get to your goal.
- Fiber gives you a feeling of fullness, which in turn prevents you from overeating. It also eliminates the unnecessary intake of calories that add to your weight issues.
- The thumb rule for weight loss is; eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dine like a pauper. This means you have to break down your meals in three parts, which get smaller as the day progresses.
- Reduce the intake of sugar and artificial sweeteners, as they may have side effects.
- Drink about 8-10 glasses of water to flush out the toxins and eat lots of salads whenever you get hungry.
- Totally cut out the junk from your food and stick to a healthy diet of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Following this schedule for about three months will help you lose 20 pounds. The results may vary depending on the body type. Some people have a tendency to lose weight easily, while a few have to struggle a little more. So, keeping trying with diligence till you reach your goal.