Isometric exercises with resistance bands are one of the best strength training exercises. This article discusses how to perform these exercises.
Isometric exercises are those exercises in which the length of the muscles and the joint angles remain the same. These exercises are done in a motionless position. They involve muscle building by increasing the tension of the muscles, without altering their length. The use of resistance bands for performing these exercises is widely recommended by health and fitness trainers. These bands are used for both strength training and rehabilitation of injured muscles.
- Place your left hand behind your back with one end of the tubing in your hand.
- Hold the other end of the resistance band in the right hand.
- While holding your left hand behind your back, hold the other end of the band over your head.
- Now extend your right hand in the upward direction until your arm is fully extended.
- Return to the original position. Perform 10 reps.
- Keep your feet hip width apart on the resistance band and bend your knees slightly.
- Hold the ends of the band with your hands.
- Bend your arms slightly at the elbows and raise them at the height of your shoulders.
- Return to the starting position. Perform 10 reps.
Resistance Band Bent Over the Rows
- Place the band under one of your foot and keep your other foot slightly backwards.
- Hold the band with both your hands and keep your back at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Now, pull the bands up to your waist level and squeeze your shoulder blades together and perform the rowing motion.
- Perform 10 reps of this exercise.
Resistance Band Squats
- Place both your feet on the band and hold the band in both the hands.
- Hold the band at your shoulder level.
- Start with a squat and while doing the squats, hold your hands at the level of your shoulders.
- Return to your starting position and perform 15 reps of this exercise.
These exercises help in weight loss as they mainly focus on toning the belly muscles. They increase the total endurance of your muscles, which in turn increases your stamina. They are also highly effective for losing belly fat. Performing these exercises regularly increases the muscular strength and helps avoid any muscular injury.
These exercises can be easily performed at home with those simple resistance bands. The band increases the overall muscle endurance and helps in weight loss.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only. Always consult a physician before starting any physical fitness program in order to reduce the risk of injury.