Toned arms give much more than just visual satisfaction. These muscles are used for most of the routine activities. While exercising, people generally concentrate on the show muscles, and tend to ignore the tough spots which results in flabby triceps, jiggly arms, and batwings. This article provides a few arm exercises for women and men.
People feel the need for arm exercises as flabby arms look quite unsightly. These workouts are a necessary part of any fitness program. The workouts for women are quite different from those for men. Men usually need these workouts to build strong big muscles, whereas women concentrate on the workouts, to tone the shape of their arms.
Workouts for Women
Women usually face the problem of batwings, also known as arm flab. Flabby arms restrict the women from wearing trendy sleeveless clothes. However, many women do not prefer carrying out these workouts, due to the misconception of developing masculine-like muscles. The truth is women can even use weights in addition to the workouts and achieve well-toned arms.
- Place an exercise mat and take a face down position on it. Your feet should be together and the body weight should be on your chest.
- Place the palms down on the floor shoulder-width apart, right below the shoulders and elbows pointing towards the toes.
- Gradually raise your body and keeping the back straight. Now straighten the hands until they are perpendicular to the floor and balance the body only on your toes and palms.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles while raising your body.
- Now, gently lower your body and touch the floor by your chest. Do not tighten the abdominal muscles at this stage.
- Without locking your elbows, slowly raise your body again.
- A set of lightweight dumbbells will be required to perform this workout.
- Stand in an upright position and hold the dumbbells in each hand.
- Place your palms on your thighs to face outwards.
- Keep your elbows on your sides.
- Now, raise the dumbbells to touch your shoulder by bending the hands at the elbow.
- Lower the dumbbells again to the thighs and repeat this 10 times.
Workouts for Men
Workouts for men concentrate more on building muscles. They basically target two important group of muscles – triceps and biceps. These workouts are also teamed up with the heavy weight training equipment such as barbells and push up bars. However, they should be performed under the guidance of a physical trainer for better and effective results.
Single Arm Pullover
- This workout helps to build the triceps muscle.
- A heavy dumbbell and a flat bench is required to perform this workout.
- Lie down on your back on the flat bench and place your feet flat on the floor.
- Now, hold the dumbbell in the right hand and place the left hand on the right elbow.
- Hold the dumbbell, so that your elbow points towards the ceiling.
- Now, extend the right hand so that the dumbbell points upwards and slowly bring it down to your face. Repeat this 10 times.
Close Grip Barbell Curl
- You will require a barbell to perform this biceps workout.
- Stand in an upright position and hold the barbell, such that your palms are a few inches apart.
- Place the palms on the barbell, such that they face outwards.
- Holding the grip of the barbell, raise it to touch your chest.
- Concentrate on breathing and do not bring a bend in your back while curling the dumbbell.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and bring back the barbell to its original position.
These were few effective workouts for men and women. It is recommended that you perform these workouts with the help of a physical trainer.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only. Always consult a physician before starting any physical fitness program in order to reduce the risk of injury.