Daily exercise does not mean having a gym membership. The tips and techniques mentioned here will help you know how to exercise at home without spending excess time and money.
Due to the increased health awareness, people are becoming increasingly health conscious. Most of us follow a proper diet, and also chalk out a regular exercise plan. We even subscribe to the best gym in town, and gear up for exercise regularly. However, there are very few of us who actually continue it regularly, and for a sustained period. Although it is not possible to follow a gym routine every day, there are several ways of exercising at home which can be equally beneficial.
Simple Exercise Techniques
It is essential to understand the importance and benefits of physical activity in order to get motivated to exercise regularly. Remember, workout helps in staying fit, maintains proper blood pressure, lowers stress and also prevents obesity. Therefore, a person who undertakes any kind of physical activity regularly is at a lower risk of suffering from high blood pressure, obesity and heart diseases. Even if you have a super busy schedule, you can surely set out a few minutes for exercise every day. There are several physical activities like walking, bicycling, gardening, etc., which can help you stay fit. Following are some easy exercise tips that you should follow.
- When at home, avoid lying on the couch for a long time. Move around.
- Use an exercise bike, treadmill while watching the television.
- Gardening, watering plants, and cleaning the home are also good forms of activity, and definitely better than no exercise at all.
- Undertake easy activities like skipping, climbing stairs, etc., when at home.
- Playing with kids outdoors is also one of the best forms of physical activity that can be carried out at home.
- Walk around the house while talking on the cell phone or cordless.
- There are several easy exercises to lose weight at home like sit-ups, pull-ups, squats, lunges, etc. Learn them and do them every day.
- While watching TV, get up and walk to the kitchen for a drink, then again for snacks and again for a drink.
- Go for a walk or jog every day.
- An after dinner walk with your spouse is also very beneficial (and also romantic).
- Walk the dog rather than letting it out in your own yard.
- Meet friends for a walk and to hang out.
- Play an outdoor game every day with your family or friends.
- Join a sports club and attend regularly.
- Join a swimming, dance or aerobic class for physical activity.
- Walk to the store, or a supermarket near you, instead of using other means of transport.
- Park the car at a little distance from your office and walk to the office.
- Pace up and down while waiting for someone.
- Take a walk break with your colleagues at work after lunch.
- Avoid using elevators as much as you can.
- Stretch your legs after every hour.
- Brainstorming can also be done during a walk.
- Walk to a colleague’s desk, if possible, rather than talking on the phone.
At the Gym
- Motivate yourself every day to work out.
- Plan your schedule well in advance, pack your gym bag so that you have no reason to skip it.
- Join the gym with a friend or spouse for extra motivation.
- Set reasonable goals and try to achieve them.
- Ask the trainer for an easy plan initially, and slowly move your way to rigorous workout or weight training.
- Warm up regularly at the gym and try different workout routines every alternate day.
- Walk around the gym between consecutive exercises to cool down.
- Reward yourself for every pound shed. This is one of the excellent ways of self-motivation.
- Do not discontinue attending the gym abruptly. Continue some physical activity at home
Lastly, remember that along with an exercise routine, you also need to follow a proper diet and concentrate on healthy eating in order to lose weight and remain fit. Take care!