Shoes for yoga are sneakers which are much more flexible than normal jogging or sports footwear. Wearing them has its own benefits. The upcoming passages give you a plethora of information about this unique commodity.
If you are someone who practices yoga regularly, and is not very comfortable performing it barefooted, then you must consider opting for this specialty footwear. Yoga shoes usually resemble ballet flats or water shoes made of nylon. They are known to have shock-absorbing properties because they are mostly made up of foam and rubber. Originally, yoga requires a person to perform the exercises barefooted.
However, if you may find it difficult to do so, then opting for the right pair of outer coverings for the feet is the best thing to do. This is a relatively new concept and is getting popular by the day. The best part is that you have a huge variety to choose from, and there are other supplies, such as socks, sandals, etc., tailor-made for this form of workout. There are different brands available in the market for both men and women.
- These are very flexible which helps in performing the exercises with utmost ease. The thin sole feature provides this tractability.
- They provide good airflow so that your feet can breathe easily.
- Another unique feature is that they are absolutely light in weight which helps in providing maximum comfort. This is immensely beneficial while performing poses that may require you to lift your legs. In case a footwear is very heavy, then there are chances that you might lose your balance.
- The icing on the cake is that these are available in hundreds of thousands of colors. So, you can either prefer to keep it all matching with your attire, else you can opt for the mix-and-match way.
Why Wear Them?
- If you are someone who is uncomfortable exercising without them.
- The fear of catching an infection or some other type of contamination, due to sharing of a mat, can make people reluctant to go barefooted.
- Safety could be your concern while performing these exercises outdoors. This is because your feet become prone to getting hurt by sharp objects.
- If you have smooth feet, then these outer coverings for the feet can prevent you from slipping.
Reasons For Not Choosing Them
- Yoga is a traditional Indian discipline that requires you to be connected or centered to the earth, as much as possible. A footwear will definitely hamper this requirement.
- Certain postures are difficult to execute when wearing shoes.
Gaiam Yoga Sandals: This variety allows you to spread your toes. They are equipped with a thong for each toe, and helps in improving your balance and alignment. They are generally recommended for relieving painful foot conditions. They are eco-friendly and you can purchase these sandals from online stores.
Terrasoles: These are lightweight, have a flexible sole, and sculpted heel seats. They are made up of recycled micro fiber fleece, and come in a variety of colors.
Sanuk Yoga Mat Flip Flop for Women: This variety has become a rage amongst most women. It is a flip-flop model, and its strap is made from faux leather. These have a smooth textured footbed and flexible shock-absorbing midsole. They are specially designed to provide support and flexibility.
Apart from the traditional variety, shoes with toes are also becoming quite popular. These toe separators provide an extra flexibility, and give you the barefoot feeling as well. Yogic exercises just got a little more colorful with the influx of these amazing footwear.